[darcs-users] Ignore-this?

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 04:46:23 UTC 2009

Ben Coburn <btcoburn at silicodon.net> writes:
> Under what conditions does darcs add the "Ignore-this:" item?

>From memory...

It is added by Darcs 2.2.0 whenever it writes a patch (record,
amend-record, tag, etc.).

It is hidden by Darcs 2.1.0 and higher whenever it shows a patch
(changes, diff, etc.).

The ignore-this header is still visible when you view the patch with
changes --xml or send in all versions.

> Documentation of supposedly internal things like this is important to
> those of us who occasionally have to forge *correct* output from
> "darcs send" to get things done.

I'm still playing catch-up trying to get important commands like
initialize documented in an intelligible fashion.  If you want to help
documenting internals, that's FANTASTIC and I'll do what I can to help,
but right now my priorities are elsewhere.