[darcs-users] darcs patch: DRAFT: Teach Cabal to install manpage.

Trent W.Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 14:21:25 UTC 2009

Duncan, I got stuck.  Could you give me a hint?

BTW, could our existing usages of fooHook be replaced with preFoo
and/or postFoo?

For http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1376:

Sun Mar 15 01:18:06 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * DRAFT: Teach Cabal to install manpage.

  postConf isn't working here, and I don't know why.  I get the
  following, but ls can see doc/darcs.1, and I confirmed with
  getCurrentDirectory that $PWD is in the right place.  So WTF?

  $ cabal copy --destdir=`mktemp -d`
  [2 of 2] Compiling Main             ( Setup.lhs, dist/setup/Main.o )
  Linking ./dist/setup/setup ...
  Installing library in
  /tmp/tmp.HMnIvPPrnP/home/twb/.cabal/lib/darcs-2.2.0/ghc-6.10.1
  Installing executable(s) in /tmp/tmp.HMnIvPPrnP/home/twb/.cabal/bin
  setup: doc/darcs.1 : copyFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)