[darcs-users] Ignore-this?

Ben Coburn btcoburn at silicodon.net
Sat Mar 14 20:10:53 UTC 2009

On Mar 13, 2009, at 21:46, Trent W. Buck wrote:

> Ben Coburn <btcoburn at silicodon.net> writes:
>> Under what conditions does darcs add the "Ignore-this:" item?
>
>> From memory...
>
> It is added by Darcs 2.2.0 whenever it writes a patch (record,
> amend-record, tag, etc.).
>
> It is hidden by Darcs 2.1.0 and higher whenever it shows a patch
> (changes, diff, etc.).
>
> The ignore-this header is still visible when you view the patch with
> changes --xml or send in all versions.

You are right, darcs 2.2.0 does do this. I think I used the wrong
darcs when testing this earlyer... %-)

>> Documentation of supposedly internal things like this is important to
>> those of us who occasionally have to forge *correct* output from
>> "darcs send" to get things done.
>
> I'm still playing catch-up trying to get important commands like
> initialize documented in an intelligible fashion.  If you want to help
> documenting internals, that's FANTASTIC and I'll do what I can to
> help,
> but right now my priorities are elsewhere.

I've been thinking about working on a programmers reference to the on-
disk data formats that darcs uses... How do I get access to the wiki
so I can start working on it?

Keep in mind that most of my information comes from reverse-
engineering the data format while working on a 3rd party tool. Having
a darcs hacker looking over my shoulder to help ensure that I don't
omit or misconstrue some of the details would be a good thing.

Regards, Ben Coburn