[darcs-users] darcs patch: Print the test's commands as they are run.

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 12:47:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 12:33:40PM +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 19:37:23 +1100, Trent W.Buck wrote:
> > A straightforward change that people will either like or hate.
>
> I like the idea.  I'll apply this, thanks!
>
> Print the test's commands as they are run.
> > Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>**20090314064850
> >  Ignore-this: 564096ba3d392a3a69febc4037bc5127
> >  This makes it easier to see that, for example, configure works for you
> >  but not for record --test, because you weren't using -ftype-witnesses.
> > ] changepref test
> > runghc Setup configure -ftype-witnesses && runghc Setup build && runghc Setup test tests network
> > set -x && runghc Setup configure -ftype-witnesses && runghc Setup build && runghc Setup test tests network

How do you feel about using ghc --make instead of runghc?  AIUI ghci
(used by runghc) is busted on some architectures at the moment, at
least within Debian.

Secondly, I think there has already been a proposal to use configure
--user, so that libraries in ~/.cabal are usable.  Anybody remember
if/why it was rejected?