[darcs-users] darcs mv will be renamed to darcs move

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Mar 16 17:00:09 UTC 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009, zooko wrote:
> I weakly object.  Have any users experienced problems with the
> current naming?  Many users experienced problems with the *previous*
> naming, because they would write "darcs rm" and it would say
> something "No such command" and they would be confused and ask for
> help.  But since we added the stub that explains the important
> distinction between "rm foo" and "darcs remove foo" I haven't heard
> any more complaints.
>
> So I don't understand why to change what isn't broken, but if someone
> else has a good reason, I don't object strongly enough to argue about
> it.

As far as I understand nothing will change, except which of the two (move
and mv) is the main command and which is the alias.

Now if the alias would dissapear or would be replaced by a stub that only
directs you to use the main command, then it would make a difference and
people may object. But as presented, the change is transparent to the end
user.

--
Dan