[darcs-users] Benchmarking "get"

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 00:14:26 UTC 2009

Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 08:14:02AM +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 07:59:12 +0000, Ian Lynagh wrote:
>> > $ inst/darcs-2.2.0/bin/darcs get --http-pipelining http://localhost/~ian/repos/darcs2/ foo
>> > Warning: darcs is compiled without HTTP pipelining support, '--http-pipelining' argument is ignored.
>> > [...]
>>
>> If it helps, I think -fcurl-pipelining should do the trick
>
> Only with >= 7.19.1, which Debian doesn't have and I was too lazy to
> install from source.

I looked at upgrading Debian's curl packages to .19 as a PPA, but
debian/patches does quite a few invasive things and most of the patches
in it need to be rebased, and that was going to be a full day of effort.
(Usually upgrading a .deb takes well under an half-hour.)

> But like I say in the shortcomings section, given camp's performance
> is very similar on optimal (1 get request) and fragmented (1 get
> request per patch) repos, I don't think it would make much difference
> in this case (getting from localhost).

I think the data just mean we should be more active about integrating
Camp's wins into Darcs.