[darcs-users] marketing, darcs-2 bugs and a tiny bit about darcs 3

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 00:28:53 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

> The patch-tag.com folks think that they should just push everybody to
> use darcs-2 from a user experience/simplicity perspective[...]

In my experience, the biggest thing that stops people migrating to
darcs-2 repositories is that Darcs 2.x can't be installed on their
server (e.g. because it's Debian 4.0 and they don't want to backport
from Debian stable).  Since AIUI patch-tag.com is effectively their
server, that sticking point doesn't exist.