[darcs-users] Benchmarking "get"

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Mar 17 10:16:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 14:55:43 +0000, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> Only with >= 7.19.1, which Debian doesn't have and I was too lazy to
> install from source.

Ah-hah, I think you've just found a minor build bug.
Right now it's all or nothing, but in the old autoconf approach,

  -DCURL_PIPELINING was enabled for versions of curl that support it

Whereas

  -DCURL_PIPELINING_DEFAULT was enabled for higher versions of
  curl (>= 7.19.1) because the older versions of curl that do support it
  have a hard time dealing with proxies

Of course, we could just decide the accept the simplicity as a feature,
but this means that nobody gets any pipelining until they have a recent
libcurl.