[darcs-users] darcs weekly news #22

Guillaume Hoffmann guillaumh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 12:00:18 UTC 2009

News and discussions
--------------------
1. A big THANK YOU for the 23 donors of the darcs fundraising drive.
   We managed to raise $1000 for darcs in one week!
 * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-March/018447.html
 * http://darcs.net/donations.html

2. This money is going to be put into use very soon:
 * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-March/018511.html

3. Discussions about reusing the curl bindings present on hackage instead of
   darcs' own. The author, Sigbjorn Finne, has been contacted for some
   improvements on the bindings:
 * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-March/018463.html

4. Darcs was not accepted as a Google Summer of Code mentoring organisation,
   but we still may fit as a Haskell.org project:
 * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-March/018516.html
 * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-March/018532.html

Issues resolved in the last week (2)
------------------------------------
issue1358 Reinier Lamers
 * encode non-ASCII characters in mail headers
 * http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1358

issue1393 Trent W. Buck
 * swap "darcs mv" and "darcs move".
 * http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1393

Patches applied in the last week (15)
-------------------------------------
2008-12-09 David Roundy
 - cut confusing use of the Reader monad from Printer.
 - eliminate gratuitous use of Reader monad in Printer.
 - use exitWith under record, when no patches are selected (to not run
posthook).
 - clean up Depends a wee tad

2009-03-17 Trent W. Buck
 - Refactor "darcs replace" help.
 - Consistently use EMPHASIS (not *emphasis*) in help.

2009-02-14 David Roundy
 - fix bug in put of darcs-1 format repositories.

2009-03-15 Trent W. Buck
 - Resolve issue1393: swap "darcs mv" and "darcs move".

2009-03-16 Eric Kow
 - Fix a minor conflict between Reinier's and my patches.

2009-03-15 Reinier Lamers
 - Kill unused imports in External.hs
 - resolve issue1358: encode non-ASCII characters in mail headers
 - Add tests for email header formatting

2009-03-16 Petr Rockai
 - Make the curl/http flags reflect exactly what darcs is built with.

2009-03-15 Eric Kow
 - Accept issue1396: darcs does not detect changepref conflicts.

2009-03-16 Petr Rockai
 - Announce repository format before running the testsuite for it.