[darcs-users] darcs patch: make rollback smarter about breaking up ... (and 5 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Mar 22 21:20:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 19:53:45 +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> > >[make rollback smarter about breaking up changes.
> > >David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>**20081115212255
> > >-               existing_files (sort_coalesceFL $ effect ps) $ \ (_:>ps'')
> > > -> +               existing_files (concatFL $ mapFL_FL canonize $
> > >+                               sort_coalesceFL $ effect ps) $ \ (_:>ps'')
> > > -> do when (nullFL ps'') $ do logMessage "No changes selected!" exitWith
> > > ExitSuccess
> > >             let make_log = world_readable_temp "darcs-rollback"
> >
> > This canonizes the patches before rolling them back. While this doesn't hurt,
> > I don't see why this is an improvement. Haven't they been canonized when they
> > were recorded?
>
> I could have sworn that I had already reviewed and applied this in the
> past.  I'll look through it again later and update you on this.

The patch I thought I was remembering was, which appears to be a different.
I've a made a note to myself that I ought to review this new patch so that
we can pull it in.

Tue Sep 23 16:06:19 BST 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * simplify patches in rollback.
  This makes it nicer to incrementally rollback changes from one large
  change:  you aren't prompted for changes that have already been rolled
  back.
    hunk ./src/Darcs/Commands/Rollback.lhs 42
    -import Darcs.Patch ( summary, invert, namepatch, effect, fromPrims )
    +import Darcs.Patch ( summary, invert, namepatch, effect, fromPrims, sort_coalesceFL )
    hunk ./src/Darcs/Commands/Rollback.lhs 128
    -               existing_files (effect ps) $ \ (_:>ps'') ->
    +               existing_files (sort_coalesceFL $ effect ps) $ \ (_:>ps'') ->