[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add get_unrecorded_in_files_unsorted fun... (and 6 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Mar 23 08:49:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 23:49:18 +0100, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote:
> Patches look good to me except for minor comments below.

Applied, thanks!

> Add get_unrecorded_in_files_unsorted function
> Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de>**20090320220829
>
> hunk ./src/Darcs/Repository/Internal.hs 398
> >  get_unrecorded_no_look_for_adds r paths = get_unrecorded_private (filter (/= LookForAdds)) r paths
> >
> >  get_unrecorded_unsorted :: RepoPatch p => Repository p C(r u t) -> IO (FL Prim C(r u))
> > -get_unrecorded_unsorted r = get_unrecorded_private (AnyOrder:) r []
> > +get_unrecorded_unsorted r = get_unrecorded_in_files_unsorted r []
> >
> >  get_unrecorded :: RepoPatch p => Repository p C(r u t) -> IO (FL Prim C(r u))
> >  get_unrecorded r = get_unrecorded_private id r []
>
> I think both get_unrecorded_unsorted and get_unrecorded should be
> changed to use get_unrecorded_in_files_unsorted and
> get_unrecorded_in_files. Or both left as is. Changing just one is a
> bit misleading.

For anybody following along,  I think the context to this is that
get_unrecorded_in_files = get_unrecorded_private id.

I haven't thought about the issue deeply and would like the two to you
to decide :-)

> Make record look only at cmdline arg files, if any
> Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de>**20090320221832
>
> hunk ./src/Darcs/Commands/Record.lhs 38
> >  import Darcs.Lock ( readBinFile, writeBinFile, world_readable_temp, appendToFile, removeFileMayNotExist )
> >  import Darcs.Hopefully ( info, n2pia )
> >  import Darcs.Repository ( Repository, amInRepository, withRepoLock, ($-),
> > -                          get_unrecorded, get_unrecorded_unsorted, withGutsOf,
> > +                          get_unrecorded_in_files,
> > +                          get_unrecorded_in_files_unsorted, withGutsOf,
> >                      sync_repo, read_repo,
> >                      slurp_recorded,
> >                      tentativelyAddPatch, finalizeRepositoryChanges,
>
> Fix intentation while we are here? What is the policy on this?

The policy is that it's OK to clean up indentation and whitespace on the
lines that you're touching anyway.  Of course, the person writing the
patch would still have to make sure she is not making a change that
might confuse anybody, but here it's quite clear what's going on.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9