[darcs-users] Data loss bug when renaming and replacing a non standard token?

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 18:08:22 UTC 2009

On 23 Mar 2009, at 09:23, Eric Kow wrote:

> Aside from turning your email into a script, no further action on your
> part.

That's how it started out anyway =)  I have made an action to look at
it, which I'll do when I next get chance, if it's still outstanding
then.

> I think Dan found out that if you pass the --external-merge switch
> instead of --mark-conflicts, we get less surprising behaviour.  I may
> end up asking Dan to have a look and see if he wants to add anything
> your script which may result in further comments from you

I have looked briefly through the discussion but most of it went way
over my head!  I'd need to sit down and look at it in detail to
understand the issue.

What I can say is that I hadn't made any changes to the default
conflict resolution setup on the test repos.

Thanks for the attention you are both giving this.

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran