[darcs-users] Suggestion: remind user of DARCS_EMAIL

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 22:59:45 UTC 2009

Hi

This bugged me for ages until I googled for it and found there was an
answer.  Every time you record the first patch in a repo, it asks you
for your email address:

% darcs record
Darcs needs to know what name (conventionally an email address) to use
as the
patch author, e.g. 'Fred Bloggs <fred at bloggs.invalid>'.  If you
provide one
now it will be stored in the file '_darcs/prefs/author' and used as a
default
in the future.  To change your preferred author address, simply delete
or edit
this file.

I think it would be useful to point out you can set the DARCS_EMAIL
environment variable in this explanation.  It'd be a very easy way of
improving the usability of making many branches to new users.  And
people like me that didn't realise there was a solution!

WDYT?

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/