[darcs-users] darcs error: "cannot handle mergers" ??

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Mar 24 08:38:47 UTC 2009

Hi Steve and David,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 06:44:56 -0400, Steven G. Johnson wrote:
> I recompiled darcs 1.0.9 with this patch (added right after the Merger _
> "0.9" line), and re-ran darcs optimize --modernize, but darcs version
> 2.0.2 still gives the same error message, unfortunately.

Thanks for trying.

I've established that the --modernize-patches first appeared in darcs
1.0.4... which I wasn't able to build with GHC 6.6.1.

So right now, our easy options right now are to (a) look for a later
version of darcs which still knows how to modernize those particular
mergers and which compiles with a relatively recent GHC or (b) find a
way to install GHC 6.4 on your machine (c) somehow convince darcs
1.0.4 to build with a relatively modern GHC (say 6.6).

David: any other ideas?

Thanks!