[darcs-users] Suggestion: remind user of DARCS_EMAIL

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Mar 24 18:11:01 UTC 2009

Hi Kevin,

Haven't heard from you in a while.  Note that we've merged the lists,
so any discussion to darcs-devel actually belongs in darcs-users now.

I'm inclined to agree with Kevin about leaving the actual behaviour as
is.  I wouldn't mind a help text that more strongly encouraged the use
of ~/.darcs/author or DARCS_EMAIL.

In general, I tend to be nervous about setting global things
automatically, because I suspect that what tends to happen is that users
don't notice it and the system becomes a lot more magical and less
transparent.  Not sure if I'm making a lot of sense, though.