[darcs-users] Replace src/Printer.lhs with an external library?

nicolas.pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:22:00 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Eric Kow's message of Thu Mar 26 10:07:57 +0100 2009:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:01:51 +0100, Nicolas Pouillard wrote:
> > I think that one advantage of Darcs' printer was performances, some minor
> > others are colors, escapings, and tunable policies.
>
> Would it make sense to turn this into a general purpose library of our
> own?  Would anybody else have a use for this?  Ian wrote large chunks of
> this (at least the ColorPrinter module, if I remember), maybe he would
> be inclined to comment, for example, on the feasibility of a general
> printer library that darcs and camp could share?

Of course sharing a common library would be great and is the way to go.
However between making a new one based on the Darcs code or extending
and using a common one is an important decision to make.
A good candidate is certainly ansi-wl-pprint.

--
Nicolas Pouillard