[darcs-users] Replace src/Printer.lhs with an external library?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Mar 27 12:23:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 23:18:31 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> OK, so currently Printer.lhs is responsible for both writing stuff to
> the terminal (hence the talk about colour support, for example), but
> *also* for writing patch files to disk (hence Eric's caution)?

...which is incredibly convenient because it means we can display a
patch to the terminal (notice how the word 'hunk' is coloured blue)
and to disk with the same code.

Hence my caution as you say.  As Petr points out, there is a time for
Grade A caution and this isn't it.  But I think it is certainly a time
for what I would call Grade B caution (where the zlib stuff, for
example, lives)