[darcs-users] [darcs-devel] buildbot failure in darcs on thorkil tn9 Linux-2.6.13-15 SUSE-10.0 i686

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Sat Mar 28 10:42:17 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Sunday 15 March 2009 22:52, buildbot-darcs at allmydata.org wrote:
> The Buildbot has detected a new failure of thorkil tn9 Linux-2.6.13-15
SUSE-10.0 i686 on darcs.

I have tried various things over the last couple of days to fix this buildbot
slave, but I seem to be stuck. Presently, the slave fails like this
(http://buildbot.darcs.net/buildbot-darcs/builders/thorkil%20tn9%20Linux-2.6.13-15%20SUSE-10.0%20i686/builds/349/steps/compile/logs/stdio):

> [ 26 of 134] Compiling HTTP             ( src/HTTP.hs, dist/build/HTTP.o )
>
> src/HTTP.hs:42:58:
>     Couldn't match expected type `network-2.1.0.0:Network.URI.URI'
>            against inferred type `URI'
>     In the `rqURI' field of a record
>     In the second argument of `($)', namely
>         `Request
>            {rqURI = uri, rqMethod = GET, rqHeaders = headers, rqBody = ""}'
>     In a 'do' expression:
>         resp <- simpleHTTP
>               $ Request
>                   {rqURI = uri, rqMethod = GET, rqHeaders = headers, rqBody
= ""}

> src/HTTP.hs:58:58:
>     Couldn't match expected type `network-2.1.0.0:Network.URI.URI'
>            against inferred type `URI'
>     In the `rqURI' field of a record
>     In the second argument of `($)', namely
>         `Request
>            {rqURI = uri, rqMethod = POST,
>             rqHeaders = headers
>                       ++
>                         [Header HdrContentType mime, Header HdrAccept
"text/plain",
>                          Header HdrContentLength (show $ length body)],
>             rqBody = body}'
>     In a 'do' expression:
>         resp <- simpleHTTP
>               $ Request
>                   {rqURI = uri, rqMethod = POST,
>                    rqHeaders = headers
>                              ++
>                                [Header HdrContentType mime, Header HdrAccept
"text/plain",
>                                 Header HdrContentLength (show $ length
body)],
>                    rqBody = body}
> program finished with exit code 1

where I note the mentioning of network-2.1.0.0. The configure output
(http://buildbot.darcs.net/buildbot-darcs/builders/thorkil%20tn9%20Linux-2.6.13-15%20SUSE-10.0%20i686/builds/349/steps/configure/logs/stdio)
has

> Warning: This package indirectly depends on multiple versions of the same
> package. This is highly likely to cause a compile failure.
> package HTTP-3001.1.5 requires network-2.1.0.0
> package darcs-2.2.0 requires network-2.2.0.1

which points to the same spot. But I am really at a loss to understand what
goes on here and it is quite unclear how to proceed. So any ideas would be
most welcome.

Thanks and best regards
Thorkil