[darcs-users] [darcs-devel] buildbot failure in darcs on thorkil tn9 Linux-2.6.13-15 SUSE-10.0?i686

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Mar 28 13:49:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:42:17 +0100, Thorkil Naur wrote:
> I have tried various things over the last couple of days to fix this buildbot
> slave, but I seem to be stuck. Presently, the slave fails like this
> (http://buildbot.darcs.net/buildbot-darcs/builders/thorkil%20tn9%20Linux-2.6.13-15%20SUSE-10.0%20i686/builds/349/steps/compile/logs/stdio):

Thanks on working on this!  We're slowly getting greener and greener.
It's funny how we always manage to get to green at last and then somehow
slip back and have to crawl forward again.

> > src/HTTP.hs:42:58:
> >     Couldn't match expected type `network-2.1.0.0:Network.URI.URI'
> >            against inferred type `URI'

So this is the darcs module called HTTP.  If I understand correctly,
what's going on here is that the HTTP package (which darcs uses) was
built against the network 2.1 package, whereas the darcs package
(for which the HTTP module in question is being built) explicitly
requests network 2.2.

Any idea how that came to pass?  The HTTP package does not seem to care
which version of network it uses.  One solution might be to somehow ask
Cabal to rebuild the HTTP package against network 2.2.  Another solution
is to slightly relax the darcs requirement for the network package.
Thorkil, could you see if the latter lets you build darcs?  If so,
perhaps a patch would be appropriate.