[darcs-users] request for fast build slaves (unit tests)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Mar 28 14:26:59 UTC 2009

Dear darcs build slave owners (and other darcs users).

Please let me know if you would be willing to run the slow unit
tests on your build slaves.  This should be for folks with the
faster build slaves or with machines that don't really get all
that much use otherwise.

Also: we would need a volunteer to add a special flag to the
build master for slaves that can run these unit tests.  Any
takers?  It involves a very small amount of Python hacking.

To get started, just darcs get
  http://code.haskell.org/darcs/buildbot

Note the copy-and-paste quickstart README in
  http://code.haskell.org/darcs/buildbot/README

I have created http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1407 for
this purpose.

Thanks!

Eric

PS. Sorry if I sound like a broken record on the quickstart.  I just
want to make sure we smash through any resistance to working on the
buildbot config.