[darcs-users] darcs patch: Accept issue1401: bug in get_extra commuting patches.

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Mar 30 08:26:36 UTC 2009

"Trent W. Buck" <trentbuck at gmail.com> writes:

> I only get that for the legacy "hashed" and "old-fashioned-inventory"
> types.  I believe the bug is not relevant to those repository formats,
> but ICBW.
>
> For "darcs-2" format, you should get
Ah, right, OK. However, it would make sense to still skip the test for
non-darcs-2 runs (otherwise, it'd start failing spuriously once the bug is
fixed). Something along the lines grep -q darcs-2
$DARCS_TESTING_HOME/.darcs/defaults || exit 200 could possibly work (assuming
exit 200 makes the harness skip the test... if there's no such thing, it might
be worth patching the harness... otherwise you can make it just exit 0 and the
test will "pass" automatically for non-darcs-2 repos).

Btw. I think there might be other instances of format-specific tests. Look
around the testsuite maybe? Thanks!

Yours,
   Petr.