[darcs-users] terminal I/O, locales, encodings

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Mar 30 13:27:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:11:31 +0000, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> And now the design error of not using locale facilities for terminal
> I/O that I've been complaining since years ago, hits darcs developers
> themselves...

Here's the same exact text on the web, which works fine:
  http://code.haskell.org/darcs/darcs-news/entries/2009-03-29

Unless you're talking in some general sense, i.e. not about darcs per
se, I believe this is not the example you're looking for.  If you want
an example, try
 darcs changes --match 'author Marco || author "Daniel B"'
and in particular:
 DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_8BIT=1 darcs changes --match 'author Marco || author "Daniel B"

See http://bugs.darcs.net/issue64 for more details.  Looks like the best
thing anybody could do to advance the situation is to code up a solution.
For the moment, most of us are tied down working on other parts of darcs
or the darcs community.

Cheers,

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9