[darcs-users] darcs patch: Accept issue1401: bug in get_extra commuting patches.

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Mar 30 14:16:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

"Trent W. Buck" <trentbuck at gmail.com> writes:
>> Something along the lines grep -q darcs-2
>> $DARCS_TESTING_HOME/.darcs/defaults
>
> Fugly.  That will break when anyone changes the way prefs are set up
> for the tests.  But I'll do it for now...
Agreed. But until there's a systematic way, it's probably the best we can
do. The other would be mkdir foo; cd foo; darcs init; darcs show repo | grep -q
darcs-2 etc... This won't break so easily, but is much longer I guess. But in
99 % of tests, it can be likely seamlessly integrated, so I'd say go for it if
you find it less fugly than the previous suggestion.

> Sorry, the closest you can get in the real world (AFAIK) is "exit 128"
> and hope you're on a system where it wraps around.  But generally 0 is
> the only successful condition.  Also, exit codes 126 and 127 are
> typically reserved for "program not found", so you'd have to use, say,
> "exit 125" and treat that exit code specially in ShellHarness.hs.
Oh, I have a few testsuites where exit 200 means "skip" and it works just
fine.

>> Btw. I think there might be other instances of format-specific
>> tests. Look around the testsuite maybe? Thanks!
>
> I don't wanna.
I'll try to remember to look around and unify/systematise whatever such tests
we have...

Yours,
   Petr.