[darcs-users] Code documentation (Was: Re: darcs patch: Add comments ...)

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Tue Mar 31 15:08:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Monday 30 March 2009 21:43:22 Simon Michael wrote:
> Did you say "I'm documenting each function with a haddock comment" ? I
> think that's a good idea. I do the same. They are not hard to keep
> current, just re-check the doc after working on a function.

And just describe the function, don't talk too much about its place in the big
picture. That way the comment won't be invalidated by someone working on
another function or a completely different module.

I love comments. With comments, I make explicit the knowledge that I have
about the code. If it's explicit, other people can learn from it, and
moreover, they can correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Reinier