[darcs-users] darcs 2 and exponential merges?

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun May 3 08:50:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

people have been asking for real-world cases of exponential issues in darcs
2. So today I ran into a merge that has taken over 10 minutes of CPU time.

The branches in question are:

http://repos.mornfall.net/lvm2/upstream
http://repos.mornfall.net/lvm2/lvmlib

These are darcs-2 repos that are fairly closely related (normal divergent
branches of development). The result has a dozen or so conflicts (proper
conflict markup would make resolving those much easier, btw).

Yours,
   Petr.

PS: I'm not saying the observed behaviour is necessarily exponential. But 10
minutes is a long long time.