[darcs-users] darcs send with remote server unavailable

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:47:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, when the remote server goes down I can't darcs push (fair
> enough), but I also loose the ability to darcs send. When the remote
> server dies what is the recommended way to transfer patches between
> machines via email?

The last time I pondered this in #darcs, I think the suggested
solution was to do a darcs get/pull into another directory, omitting
your new patches, and then do a darcs send -o against that incomplete
repo (since presumably it's incomplete in the same way as your flaky
remote server). Then you can send the patch file as you please.

--
gwern