[darcs-users] darcs send with remote server unavailable

Salvatore Insalaco kirby81 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:05:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3) It's quite complex to explain. This bug is in the context of my g/f
> using darcs, and the fewer commands/interactions I give her the
> better. It really is a massive strength of darcs that ~4 commands is
> sufficient for everyday use, while git requires ~20.

A simple way to go is to do a "darcs changes --context >
server_context" once in a while; then when your server fail you just
do "darcs send --context=server_context".

You can generate the server_context every time you do a "darcs pull"
(maybe with a script), or if your patches are not too big, just do it
once in a while (a month or something like that): you will send more
patches than necessary, but it will work just fine.

Salvatore