[darcs-users] darcs send with remote server unavailable

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed May 6 15:39:39 UTC 2009

Neil Mitchell wrote:
>> solution was to do a darcs get/pull into another directory, omitting
>> your new patches, and then do a darcs send -o against that incomplete
>
> 2) The most likely time you'll need it is immediately after you
> realise you can't push to your server. At that point you can't make
> the initial pull.

You can always do a darcs get to copy your local repo (a recursive copy and then darcs obliterate would also work).

 > For me, that would be an incredibly useful addition to darcs. I
 > already have a customised darcs push command (which maps http:
 > addresses to ssh addresses using a custom table for my servers), and
 > I'm very tempted to add a push/send command which does the above
 > sequence.

I haven't yet needed darcs send --offline, but it does sound like it would be nice if this could just work.

If you pull from multiple repos, would it store the context of each one ? When you push to a repo, do you also re-fetch
its context ?

I suppose darcs send could also let you select arbitrary patches to send, without checking a context. Eg all matching a
pattern, or all recorded since the last send to that repo.