[darcs-users] darcs repository corruption ("unapplicable" removeFile patch)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu May 7 03:05:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 02:38:30 -0400, Steven G. Johnson wrote:
> 	jdj.mit.edu/~stevenj/badrepo.tar.gz
>
> I'm not completely sure how to edit the inventory to convince Darcs that
> the patch does not exist.  I tried just removing the lines that seem to
> correspond to this patch in one of the files in _darcs/inventories, and
> it *seems* to work.  At least, 'darcs repair' does not complain anymore,
> and 'darcs get' looks like it works again.  You can do a 'darcs get' of
> the "fixed" repository from:
>
> 	jdj.mit.edu/~stevenj/betterrepo

I've had a look, first by darcs getting the betterrepo and checking it
and also by doing a diff of the darcs changes --verbose contents for
both repositories.  For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing
as there were no other patches that touched the Makefile.in files in
before you actually removed them.  Other situations would have been
messier, but you lucked out :-)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9