[darcs-users] darcs weekly news #28

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Sat May 9 19:48:11 UTC 2009

On 9 May 2009, at 11:22, Guillaume Hoffmann wrote:

> 3. The GHC team announced that the migration from darcs to git was no
>   longer a priority, given the recent developments of darcs:
> * http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Status/May09

That means the GHC team's insidious plan to give darcs a kick up the
arse worked, then? ;o)

On a less flippant (but no less drunken*) note I'd like to say the
recent fervour in the darcs community is extremely encouraging.  As
I'm currently using both darcs and git**, darcs gives me a little bit
of joy every time I do something I usually fail at in git, ie
something that usually involves uploading source files to Basecamp.
ie, most things.

Also, at a recent GeekUp[1] event in Sheffield, I discovered - upon
writing talk suggestions on zsh and darcs on the board - that there's
another darcs and Haskell fan in the area.  He's interested in darcs
because it's written in "the most beautiful language ever invented",
apparently.

I intend to trick him into submitting patches at Eric's request, of
course =)

Ashley

[1] http://geekup.org/events/129/

* Saturday night is not a good time to reply to mailing lists
** I intend to fix this ASAP

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran