[darcs-users] darcs patch: Advertise help --match in "darcs help".

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Sun May 10 05:26:09 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> One very minor nitpick is that we like to avoid adding trailing
> whitespace to the code if possible.  In the future, we'll just remove
> all this extra whitespace and just request no trailing whitespace in all
> submissions to be done with it :-)

Since we're on the subject...

One thing that I've always found to be a misfeature of darcs, is that it
displays trailing white space.  I'll be frank in that I cannot understand
why trailing white space even matters to people.  I probably just started a
bikeshed, but I feel strongly that caring about trailing whitespace is
misdirected energy.  If someone wants to be detail oriented *and* useful, I
think they should do something that improves the documentation or fixes a
bug in darcs.  But, using detail orientation at this level is just annoying
:)

Sorry, Eric that I'm picking on you.  It's not about you, I just think the
practice of auditing trailing white space is not an effective habbit.  I
hope I'm not sounding too harsh.  I appreciate attention to detail usually
:)

Thanks!
Jason