[darcs-users] zlib and patch crc errors: an update

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Mon May 11 21:10:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:

> One question I have is whether it's possible for corrupted files to
> exist in places other than _darcs/patches. For example what about the
> global patch cache, and the hashed pristine? The answers to this
> question will determine how widely the repair command needs to operate.

I've done some more digging and am still rather confused. I'm fairly sure
that the patch cache can have compressed files, and it seems that
inventories might be compressed too. What about pristine?

I also discovered that darcs optimize --compress ought to do much of
what's needed to do the fixing, but that http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1248
is a bit of a showstopper in that regard. I've bumped up its priority to
'urgent' on that basis and the general fact that it is a (local) repo
corruption bug.

Ganesh