[darcs-users] zlib and patch crc errors: an update

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri May 15 15:44:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 22:10:33 +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> I've done some more digging and am still rather confused. I'm fairly sure
> that the patch cache can have compressed files, and it seems that
> inventories might be compressed too. What about pristine?

One thought which occurred to me is that having files in pristine
which are compressed by darcs could be unfortunate if the user
happens to store files which are gzipped for whatever reason.
This doesn't tell us what darcs actually does, but maybe having
a clue on how darcs *should* (?) behave, not having compressed
pristine files, may help?

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9