[darcs-users] zlib and patch crc errors: an update

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun May 17 10:48:18 UTC 2009

Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> writes:
> So darcs always (and has always) gzipped hashed pristine, and has never
> gzipped non-hashed pristine?
About non-hashed, I unfortunately have no idea. But hashed is definitely a
non-issue.

Eric Kow writes:
> It's not systematic, hence the concern.  gzReadFilePS can accept either
> gzipped files or not (which is useful because you don't know if the remote
> repo has chosen compression, or in case you are grabbing patch files from
> multiple repos), but this means you can't tell if the underlying file has
> been gzipped by darcs or not.

It can read those, sure, but hashed pristine files are never non-gzipped, so it
doesn't matter there. For plain pristine, you should be able to just run darcs
repair to fix any crc issues, may they arise, without compromising pristine
integrity.

Yours,
   Petr.