[darcs-users] darcsit migration: second attempt

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon May 25 22:07:57 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

Since our last attempt at wiki migration, we have made some good
progress in improving the performance of the underlying darcsit (gitit)
engine.

We think that viewing pages is now acceptably fast.  Editing pages still
seems to be somewhat slow -- I counted 8 seconds before I could edit the
front page -- but it may just be good enough for our needs.  To
encourage more real world usage of the darcsit wiki, I've locked the old
wiki and placed a note encourage people to use http://test.darcs.net
instead.

Please give it a try, maybe by editing a few pages, and let us know what
you think!  If all goes well, we will flip the switch in two weeks,
making this our official wiki.

Thanks!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9