[darcs-users] Annotating the base directory using --repodir in darcs 2.2

Florian Gilcher flo at andersground.net
Fri May 29 15:42:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

it seems like a small change has occured from darcs 2.1 to 2.2:

   $ darcs --version
   2.2.0 (release)
   $ darcs annotate --repodir /some/repodir '.'

   darcs failed:  There is no file or directory named '.'

   $ darcs annotate --repodir /some/repodir ''

   darcs failed:  Pattern match failure in do expression at src/Darcs/
Commands/Annotate.lhs:159:2-26

This is also present in the repository version. It works this way:

   $ cd /some/repodir
   $ darcs annotate '.'
   $ darcs annotate ''
   # fails

This used to work in 2.1, my bugtracker (Redmine) relies on it. If
possible, I prefer
not to change the working directory just for that reason. Am I doing
something wrong
or is there another way to do this?

This is also kind of inconsistent with how other commands behave, but
thats a minor nitpick:

   $ darcs changes ''
   # prints a set of changes
   $ darcs changes '.'
   Changes to :

   #end of the story

I had a look at the source and didn't really understand on annotate
works, otherwise I would
try to fix it myself ;).

Regards,
Florian Gilcher