[darcs-users] 2.3 release schedule

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sat May 30 11:15:46 UTC 2009

Eric,

Two minor points that I mentioned to Petr in IRC; repeated here FYI.

Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net> writes:

> Planned for release
> -------------------

My main remaining goal is to get all existing environment variable into
"darcs help environment", which is also part of the manpage.  It's a
small, achievable goal :-)

> Schedule
> --------
>
> Anyway, here is a floating version of the last release schedule:
>
> N: release branch is shallow-frozen; only patches fixing important issues or
>    implementing release goals will be let in
> N+3: pre1 is tagged and released (beta 1, really)
> N+15: release branch is deep-frozen, only release-critical fixes can go in
> N+18: pre2 (beta 2)
> N+25: rc1 (rc 1)
> N+30: final
>
> The default would be to set N = 15th of June, but of course there is some
> flexibility.

I'll be out of town for around a week starting around the 24th of June
(sorry, I forget the exact itenerary).  I'll probably have email, but
very little time to squash any release-critical bugs that arise.