[darcs-users] Issues with Windows 7

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Sat May 30 22:32:51 UTC 2009

On 5/24/2009 1:20, John Horigan wrote:
> Is anyone using darcs successfully under Windows 7? I have not been able
> to pull my source files into my recently created Windows 7 system. Yet
> the very same darcs command, on the same machine (a Macbook Pro) works
> fine if I boot into Mac OS. I disabled Data Execution Protection on the
> darcs binary but it made no difference. The error messages look like this:
>
> C:\Users\John\Documents\Projects>darcs -v
> 2.2.1 (release)
>
> C:\Users\John\Documents\Projects>darcs get
> http://www.contextfreeart.org/repos/C
> ontextFree3.0beta CF3
>
> darcs failed: Failed to download URL
> http://www.contextfreeart.org/repos/ContextFree3.0beta/_darcs/patches/20090315163821-8c8b1-0143c2d08d2c240f87bbc7c6121f220f9a37de28.gz:
> Couldn't connect to server

This seems to be a (spurious?) connection error with your remote server.
Possibly a hiccup somewhere in your internet connection (or in your
server's); you could try using a different server or a different repository.

> Exception thrown by an atexit registered action:
> ./_darcs/patches/20050416212357-5505d-928d6ef532266bf76281fa6bea0aeac3e3826ec6.gz-new_608387a8fbe20fb97611fdad2d8feb48:
> removeFile: permission denied (Permission denied)

This appears to imply that your folder permissions may need
tweaking/fixing. I'd double check the folder in Explorer (right-click >
Properties > Security) and make sure that you have full control over
your folder. (If you've copied it from another device sometimes ACLs
will not transfer as you might expect.)

Hopefully that helps or might lead you to an answer to your problem.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net