[darcs-users] zlib crcs: yet another update

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sun May 31 20:16:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've got something ready to test, and I'd like people to try it out and
comment on the usability.

At the moment you still need a modified zlib to build it, but hopefully a
proper zlib release incorporating the changes will become available within
the next couple of weeks.

Apologies for making lots of noise over quite a simple piece of work, but
I think it is important that what we do is easy for users to understand
and doesn't unnecessarily damage darcs' reputation.

It particularly needs testing on a corrupt hashed-format repo, and on
Windows.

To build, remember to cabal configure -fzlib. You can't get any of this
without the Haskell zlib :-)

You should find that doing operations on a repo with corrupt patches
produces a warning in normal operation if those patches are read. darcs
check --complete is a pretty good way to ensure they are read. This
warning should guide you towards dealing with them.

Here's where to get the code:

http://code.haskell.org/darcs/sprint-2009-04/crcs-zlib/
[Note that the main patch has been changed, so do a fresh get or unpull
the last few patches if you already got it before.]

http://code.haskell.org/darcs/sprint-2009-04/crcs-darcs/

Cheers,

Ganesh