[darcs-users] [patch39] Refactor Darcs.Commands.Pull (and 1 more)

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Nov 4 23:19:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 08:36:00PM +0100, Florent Becker wrote:

> > Hm, I don't suppose you could simply express it as pull --dont-apply or
> > --no-working-tree, similar to push --no-working-tree (for pushing to a
> > "dumb" remote host which lacks Darcs)?
>
> It could be called pull --dont-apply -O

I don't see why you need the --dont-apply. After all, you don't have to
say "darcs send --dont-email -o".

I'm currently leaning towards "darcs pull -o" (in which case
"darcs push -o" ought to do what "darcs send -o" currently does).

> I think darcs pull -O is the bad kind of options, where
> adding -O changes the post-condition of pull.

"pull" and "pull -o" both put some patches into a repository. In the
first case it is a "directory format" repository, and in the second case
a "file format" repository.

That's similar reasoning to why I think pull and apply should be merged.
Both are just applying patches from a repository, just stored in
different formats.

Thanks
Ian