[darcs-users] darcs patch blocked on new utf8-string, haskeline releases

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Tue Nov 17 10:06:41 UTC 2009

Hi Eric, Judah,

The current version of utf8-string (0.3.5) appears to contain a bug
that is triggered by the unit tests for UTF-8 storage in darcs. I
submitted a fix for that bug to utf8-string, and it has been included
on its trunk now.

We plan to do a new darcs release in late January, and it would be
great if we could include UTF-8 storage in it. However, then we need
to depend on a version of haskeline that is not yet released as we
speak, that depends on the to-be-released utf8-string 0.3.6.

In order to be able to merge in the UTF-8 storage soon, I'd like to
ask you to release these new versions of utf8-string and haskeline
some time these days, and let me know when you have done so. If this
crosses some other plans of yours, please let me know.

Regards,
Reinier