[darcs-users] darcs patch blocked on new utf8-string, haskeline releases

Judah Jacobson judah.jacobson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:39:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de> wrote:
> Hi Judah,
>
> Op dinsdag 17 november 2009 15:34 schreef Judah Jacobson:
>> Do you actually need a new release of Haskeline?  The latest release
>> of Haskeline (0.6.2.1) has the following constraint in its .cabal
>> file:
>>
>> utf8-string==0.3.* && >=0.3.1.1,
>>
>> So unless I'm missing something, I'd expect the existing release of
>> Haskeline to work fine with the future version of utf8-string that
>> you've described.
>
> It does, but with the UTF-8 storage support darcs does not directly depend on
> utf8-string anymore.

Ah, OK.  Then I agree that adding a constraint to the darcs.cabal file
seems hackish.

I had been planning to release a new version of haskeline (with
features that need more testing/implementation) in a few weeks.  When
I do release it, I can update the utf-8 dependency.

Can you give me an example or unit test which demonstrates bad
behavior by haskeline when using utf8-string<0.3.6?  If so, I should
be able to make a minor release within the next few days.

Thanks,
-Judah