[darcs-users] Darcswatch is spam on -users

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Tue Nov 24 03:05:21 UTC 2009

Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> writes:

> the problem is that roundup does not distinguish between hand-written
> comments and automated messages. You want the former on -users (and
> that is why users is subscribed to roundup), but not the latter. If
> someone wants to implement the necessary changes to roundup (python,
> not Haskell, sorry) that kowey suggested in his mail from Sun, 22 Nov
> 2009 11:42:51 +0000, that would be very helpful.

[I haven't been following this thread closely, so my apologies if I've
misunderstood the goal.]

When I was updating roundup issues via the mail gateway, I found that a
*completely* empty body allowed me to make modifications without a
comment.  On the issueN page, this shows up as a history event without a
corresponding comment.  An (IMO) benefit was that this didn't spam
people in the nosy list.

Perhaps instead of adding a "now tracked by darcswatch" comment,
darcswatch could set a tag (like debbugs "fixed-upstream") or extra
field (like debbugs "forwarded").  I think it's simple to add an extra
tag/field to the roundup patch schema.