[darcs-users] [issue1627] seamless SVN integration

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Oct 1 10:32:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 10:12:01 +0200, Nicolas Pouillard wrote:
> Another option to consider is what about allowing replace patches and
> transform them to the SVN actual action when pushing it to SVN?

This actually *could* work since we can rely on the assumption that
SVN has no commutation.

We would have to keep around some metadata for Darcs saying that this
is actually a replace patch.

Looks like things are starting shaping up!

I've taken the liberty of creating
  http://wiki.darcs.net/Ideas/Subversion

And if I may indulge in a bit more meta noise, the idea is (a) keep
talking on the list (b) use the wiki to summarise the proposal and (c)
use the bug tracker to track the work/implementation status.  I promise
that my meta noise *will* die down once I have got a better idea how to
use these resources!