[darcs-users] SVN integration

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Oct 4 21:48:09 UTC 2009

Hello!

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 19:21:51 +0200, Thomas Danecker wrote:
> I'm currently looking for a small open-source project to contribute to
> as part of an university-course on "Advanced Software Engineering"
> here in Austria at the Vienna University of Technology. We are a team
> of three computer science students (Christan Berrer, Federico Sudaro
> and me, Thomas Danecker) and should implement a new feature for any
> open-source project of our choice. As we all like to get some more
> experience in Haskell, we thought that it would be a nice opportunity
> to work on the currently discussed SVN integration for darcs. The wiki
> site would already make a good project proposal :)

SVN integration sounds like a nice project indeed.  I definitely like
the idea of making open source part of university course work, and maybe
we could even turn this into a Google Summer of Code project for next
year :-)

Nicolas, perhaps you have some ideas on how we could make this work as a
project?  Maybe think about how to make this 'telescoping' with some
modest objectives followed by more ambitious ones?

> Currently, I'm exploring the internal workings of darcs, but
> unfortunatly, many of the links at
> http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/DarcsInternals were broken. I could
> fix most of them, but ConflictMarking and IsEq are still dead...

It looks like ConflictMarking was a request for a  future page, and IsEq
was just an accident of camelcasing (we used to use MoinMoin as our
wiki).  I'll get rid of the IsEq link.

> We're also eagerly anticipating you all here in Vienna at the Hacking
> Sprint next month! I'm also helping David and Benedikt at the local
> arrangements here, so for any questions or queris, don't hesitate to
> drop me a mail too!

Looking forward to meeting you!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9