[darcs-users] hashed-storage / darcs-hs progress

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Oct 5 14:46:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> writes:
> I've talked to Petr and I hope to push darcs-hs sometime this week. Work on
> some of the review points will continue post-merge.
I have pushed the change to remove readDarcsPristine from hashed-storage API,
and the accompanying change in darcs-hs. The implementation has moved into
readRecorded in Darcs.Repository.State, and any callers in darcs-hs were
fixed. This means that there's no knowledge of "_darcs" existence in
hashed-storage proper (outside of the testsuite).

I have also resolved the few conflicts with mainline yesterday, so darcs-hs
should be more or less up to date. (I have been pulling from mainline into
darcs-hs from time to time, so not much to resolve -- but please double-check
the conflict resolutions before merging into mainline, since doing these is a
little error-prone.)

Yours,
   Petr.

PS: A quick look over hashed-storage would be appreciated -- I intend to
release 0.4 and we'll probably have to stick with the API for a while, so any
obvious missteps should be fixed ASAP. I'd like to have the release on hackage
before darcs-hs is pushed, so that buildability of darcs.net is not disrupted.