[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1588: make--dont-allow-conflicts filter ...

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Oct 5 17:21:44 UTC 2009

On 5 Oct 2009, at 16:28, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:

> I am arguing that making these options mutually exclusive is not
> necessarily intuitive (and hence clean, simple to use and remember),
> because out of all of them, only --skip-conflicts has an impact on
> interactive patch selection. Again, this isn't an issue about the
> code,
> but about what the user sees.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I was looking at this from a user
perspective and I found the case with mutually exclusive options to be
easier to understand and use. Also if they are mutually exclusive, one
can implement an option selection mechanism based on taking the last
specified option and ignoring the others.

--
Dan