[darcs-users] Regular Expression libraries and linker errors

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Tue Oct 6 22:00:19 UTC 2009

Ben Franksen wrote:
> Sure, file is attached. It's not much, though! Just played around with a few
> regexes from the latest default boringfile and a random path from my darcs
> repo. It should be easy to extend, though. Note I am not explicitly
> compiling the regexes, so one could argue that in fact this tests speed of
> the regex-compiler plus speed of the regex-engine. This can also easily be
> fixed.

Does Haskell provide a mechanism to cache compiled RegExes across
program runs, ie to save them into a shared library or dfa
instantiation? (I have used such tools in the .NET and Java
environments...) I would think that boring files change rarely enough
that I am curious if this would be something worth investigating.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net