[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1447

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Oct 7 15:05:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 15:56:08 +0200, mf-hcafe-15c311f0c at etc-network.de wrote:
> attached a trivial patch that should close issue 1447.  I created it
> with "darcs send -O" (no luck yet convincing msmtp-enqueue.sh to
> cooperate with darcs).  Please instruct if I need to do anything else.

The patch looks good to me!

Some minor amend requests, but I'm happy to push them if they'd be
a pain.

First: I don't suppose you have a more stable email address that you'd
mind using for this?  It's just in case we need to get in touch with
people in the future.  If so, please darcs amend --author :-)

Resolve issue1447: inconsistent online help fixed (trivial)
This patch name could be a tad more informative, maybe:

Resolve issue1447: different online help for send/apply --reply

> -cc = DarcsArgOption [] ["cc"] Cc "EMAIL" "mail results to additional EMAIL(s). Requires --reply"
> +cc_send = DarcsArgOption [] ["cc"] Cc "EMAIL" "mail results to additional EMAIL(s)"
> +cc_apply = DarcsArgOption [] ["cc"] Cc "EMAIL" "mail results to additional EMAIL(s). Requires --reply"

Here's the meat of it.

> hunk ./src/Darcs/Commands/Apply.lhs 125
> -                      command_advanced_options = [reply, DarcsArguments.cc,
> +                      command_advanced_options = [reply, DarcsArguments.cc_apply,

> hunk ./src/Darcs/Commands/Send.lhs 130
>                       command_basic_options = [match_several, deps_sel,
> -                                              target,cc,subject, in_reply_to,
> +                                              target, cc_send, subject, in_reply_to,

COMMENT: In the future, please keep patches minimal :-)
In particular, the below does not look relevant
> -                                              output,output_auto_name,sign]
> +                                              output, output_auto_name, sign]

I'm not going to being picky for just this little thing, but if you want
to be, the new hunk editing feature in the darcs darcs could be useful.
Perhaps a little darcs unrecord and record.