[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1447

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Oct 7 17:16:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 19:00:34 +0200, mf-hcafe-15c311f0c at etc-network.de wrote:
> > Attention to detail matters.
>
> Ok.  Good to know that some of my various personality disorders could
> be appreciated as a virtue here.  :-)

Well, I suspect that it's just a couple of us here (eg. me) who share
the same disorders, surrounded by a pool of wiser programmers who have
good sense not to care (and who can keep us in check).

> I don't know if this is irrelevant and / or obvious, but let me
> quickly explain what I did that may have triggered this bug:
>
>  1. record patch 'resolve issue1447'
>  2. record other (unrelated) patch
>  3. unrecord patch 'resolve issue1447'
>  4. record new patch 'resolve issue1447 again' (unrelated technically to any of the above)

Thanks.  I remember it potentially being something to do with mailers
and MIME types and also the fact that Darcs is encoding agnostic wrt
patch metadata.  Once Reinier's work to UTF8ise the metadata comes in,
we can start taking more decisive action.  STOMP, THIS BE UTF-8, YOU
OBEY MY WILL, STOMP GRWAR

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9